Health Ministry Partners With Dell And Tata Trusts
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, exchanged the MoUs with the Tata Trusts and Dell to provide a technological platform for nation wide prevention, control, screening and management program of Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs). Anupriya Patel, Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare released the user manual for NCD application under Comprehensive Primary Health Care (CPHC) IT Solutions.
Aimed at bringing healthcare technology transformation in Comprehensive Primary Health Care NCD program under Ayushman Bharat, the Health Ministry is working with Dell as a technology partner and the Tata Trusts as deployment partner.
DRDO Successfully Flight Tested Tactical Missile ‘Prahar’
Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) successfully flight tested the indigenously developed surface-to-surface tactical missile ‘Prahar’, from Launch Complex-III, ITR, Balasore, Odisha.
The Range stations and electro-optical systems tracked the missile throughout its flight. ‘Prahar’ is a contemporary weapon system capable of carrying multiple types of warheads and neutralizing a wide variety of targets.
PM Modi Laid Foundation Stone For World-Class Convention Centre In Delhi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of India International Convention and Expo Centre (IICC) in Dwarka, New Delhi. The facilities provided at the centre will be on par with the best in the world in size and quality, offering setting for international and national events, meetings, conferences, exhibitions and trade shows.
It will rank among the top 10 in the world and the biggest indoor exhibition space in India. The project is planned over an area of 221.37 acres in Sector 25, Dwarka, at an estimated cost of Rs 25,703 crore.
Vice President 3-Nation Visit To Serbia, Malta And Romania: Complete Highlights
The Vice President of India, M. Venkaiah Naidu was on an official Visit to Serbia, Malta and Romania and returned after a successful official visit. The visit was characterised by extremely cordial discussions with Heads of Governments, PMs and other senior political leaders. The visit helped in deepening bilateral ties with each of these three countries.
Some key outcomes:
1. Support for India’s aspiration to be on UNSC and for taking forward UN reforms.
2. Endorsement of India’s stand on terror and support for early adoption of United Nation’s Comprehensive Convention on International Terrorism.
3. Strong support for resuming EU-India trade agreement after Romania assumes Presidency of EU.
4. Business Forums generated a good deal of enthusiasm among the industrialists and businessmen in every country as they got to listen to the Vice President about India’s transformative initiatives. The growth story and the reports from World Bank, IMF quoted by Vice President enhanced awareness.
5. The leaders in all the countries expressed unequivocal admiration for India’s economic growth and were eager to engage and partner with India politically, economically and culturally. In Romania, there was a special interest in Space and Aerospace. Malta expressed its desire to join the International Solar Alliance.
6. There was a clear demand for Parliamentary friendship groups and frequent visits by Parliamentarians.
7. The visit gave an opportunity for the members of India Diaspora to listen to the Vice President about the transformative agenda of the government and encouraged them to think of various ways in which they can contribute to the country’s development. The vice President underscored the growing importance of India on the world stage and drew attention to four key features that need to be recognised. He called them 4Ds – Democracy, Demographic dividend, Demand and Diaspora.
8. The visit evoked a lot of interest among the top political leadership and there was an air of bonhomie in all the meetings. The banquets hosted by the President of Serbia and Malta as well as by the President of Senate of Romania provided an opportunity for sharing views on bilateral and multilateral issues with rare candour.
9. The address to the Serbian Parliament was very well received and the admiration for India as the largest democracy and a vibrant, well functioning polity was more than evident in the standing ovation the Vice President received at the end of his address.
10. MOUs entered into related to plant protection, tourism, air services, oil research, diplomatic training and maritime cooperation.
11. In all the three countries, there was considerable interest in Yoga and Ayurveda and in Romania, the Vice President launched two books on Ayurveda and inaugurated an Ayurveda Information Centre.
Anushka Sharma Receives Smita Patil Award
Union Transport Minister felicitated Bollywood actor Anushka Sharma during the 34th anniversary of Priyadarshni Academy Global Award, in Mumbai. She received the Smita Patil award for best actor.
Anushka Sharma is gearing up for the release of her film Sui Dhaaga, made her debut opposite Shah Rukh Khan in Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi in 2008. She thanked all the writers and directors for playing a key role in her successful journey.