India, US Agree To Hold Comprehensive Talks To Address Trade & Economic Issues
India and the US have agreed to hold comprehensive talks to address trade and economic issues. The decision in this regard was taken during a series of meetings, Commerce and Industry Minister Suresh Prabhu had with US Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross and US Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer. Mr Suresh Prabhu was on a two-day visit to the US.
Important Cabinet Approvals- 13th June 2018
The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has given the following set of approvals. The important Cabinet Approvals are given as follows-
The Cabinet has approved-
1. To the Extension of tenure of the Commission constituted to examine the issue of Sub-categorization within Other Backward Classes in the Central List.
2. Aims to establish the basis for a cooperative institutional relationship to encourage and promote technical bilateral cooperation on new and renewable issues on the basis of mutual benefit equality and reciprocity,Agreement between India and Peru.
3. MoU between India and Vietnam on Joint issue of the postage stamp.
4. Repositioning of North Eastern Council- the Union Home Minister will serve as ex-officio Chairman of North Eastern Council (NEC) and Minister of State (I/C), Ministry of DoNER would serve as Vice Chairman of the Council.
5. To the Proposal for Enactment of Dam Safety Bill, 2018- It will help all the States and Union Territories of India to adopt uniform dam safety procedures which shall ensure safety of dams and safeguard benefits from such dams.
6. MoU between the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) and Institut National de la Santeet de la RechercheMedicale (INSERM), France.
7. Proposal for withdrawal of Nalanda University (Amendment) Bill, 2013 pending in Rajya Sabha.
8. ‘Three Year Action Plan’ (2017-2020) of Agricultural Education Division & ICAR Institutes.
Raksha Mantri Inaugurates 1st BEL Representative Office In Vietnam
Raksha Mantri, Nirmala Sitharaman inaugurated the first Representative Office of Navratna Defence PSU Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) in Hanoi, Vietnam.
Sitharaman handed over the symbolic key of the Representative Office of BEL at Vietnam (VIRO) to Chairman & Managing Director, BEL Mr Gowtama MV during the Vietnam-India Defence Industry Business Meeting.
This Office will aim to promote BEL’s exports in areas such as Weapon Systems, Radar Systems, Naval Systems, Military Communication Systems, Electronic Warfare Systems, Combat Management System and Coastal Surveillance System.
Cashless Ticketing Through ‘Utsonmobile’ App Developed By CRIS
The Centre for Railway Information System (CRIS) has developed a mobile-based application ‘utsonmobile’.
The ‘utsonmobile’ application enables booking and cancellation of unreserved tickets, issue and renewal of season and platform tickets, check and load R-wallet balance and helps maintain user profile management and booking history.
Integrated Command And Control Centre Of Naya Raipur Smart City Inaugurated
The Integrated Command and Control Centre of the Naya Raipur Smart City was inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Integrated Command & Control Centre of Naya Raipurbecomes the 10th Smart City Centre to be operational in the country.
Under the ambitious Smart City Mission, ICCC in 9 cities had already become operational viz. Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Surat, Pune, Nagpur, Rajkot, Visakhapatnam, Bhopal and Kakinada. Naya Raipur is one of the 3 Smart Cities of Chhattisgarh selected under the Smart Cities Mission. The other two cities are Raipur and Bilaspur
Maharashtra Government, Quebec Province Sign Pact To Increase Economic Cooperation
The Maharashtra government and Canada’s Quebec province have signed a pact to increase the economic cooperation, especially in areas of information technology, biotechnology, artificial intelligence and welfare of the tribal community.
CM Devendra Fadnavis, who was on a week-long tour to the US and Canada, signed MoU to this effect with Quebec Premier Philippe Couillard. They also discussed ways to increase collaboration over knowledge-sharing on ports.
Indian-American Dhivya Suryadevara To Become CFO Of General Motors
An Indian-American woman, Dhivya Suryadevara has been named the Chief Finance Officer of the US’ largest automaker, General Motors.
Ms. Suryadevara, currently the vice president of corporate finance, will succeed Chuck Stevens, the General Motor’s present CFO, on September 1, 2018. She will report to Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Mary Barra, 56, who has been head of the automaker since 2014.
Dr. Inder Jit Singh Assumes Charge As Secretary, Ministry Of Coal
Dr. Inder Jit Singh assumed charge as Secretary, Ministry of Coal at Shastri Bhawan office, New Delhi.
Dr. Inder Jit Singh took over the charge of Secretary which fell vacant after superannuation of Susheel Kumar. In the interim, Secretary Mines, Anil G Mukhim had been holding additional charge as Secretary, Coal.